Saturday, September 13, 2014

So, What's Next?


Over the past few weeks as the world returns to the regular schedule of work and school, one of the frequent questions I have been asked is “so what’s next? When is your next mission trip?” :-) I love being asked this question and answering, but I thought it might be good to write the answer here as well.

This coming week, I will be joining a large group of College Plus students for a conference/gathering down in San Antonio, TX! I am very excited about seeing old friends, as well as making new ones. :-) I am also looking forward to introducing my younger brother Ben to the wonderful world of CP. ;-)

Later in September, I will have the opportunity to fulfill a goal for the year: completing a Sprint triathlon! Ben and Roma will be joining me, and we’re really excited about doing it together!

I start school on October 1st. I have 33 credits and sophomore status right now. :-) I have my degree consultation in October, and that will help solidify my degree plan. But it looks like I will continue to test and take online courses for the next “year” before transferring over to Thomas Edison State College where I will complete my B.A. in International Studies. My plan right now is to work October through early June. By then, I will hopefully be about halfway through my junior year. Then I will take a coaching hold for a couple of months, and then plow through to the end!

Now . . . about my next mission trip. :-) I don’t know where I am going, nor when. I have learned to sit back and wait for God to open doors for me. I would love to return to Haiti soon. I have a job shadowing opportunity down there, and will eventually lead mission trips there for A Child’s Hope. I also have an open invitation to return to Guatemala for almost any amount of time whenever I would like to. :-) But there are many other countries I would love to visit! I am fairly certain I will go on at least one, if not two mission trips over the next year. But I’m waiting on the details right now. ;-)


Throughout all of this, I continue to nanny and babysit to earn my money to jet-set around the globe. ;-) I am happy where God has me right now. :-) I strive to live each day serving Him with all I am, and enjoying the present moment I’m in!

No comments: