I feel like whenever I post something about
my plans, something major happens and changes it all. :-P My life seems to be a
constant adventure these days, with something unexpected happening nearly every
day.
Our house has been on the market for about
1.5 months now and despite the holidays, we’ve had a few people look at it! Dad
continues to work his new job in Oklahoma and house hunt up there.
After a 6-week-long illness, I finally took
my last dose of antibiotic on Christmas Eve and we had a quiet celebration at
home as a family. I’ve fallen a bit behind on school work due to all the crazy
events that have worked their way into my daily life. But I hope to get back on
track this semester, knock out my sophomore year, and break into my junior
year!
Adding into all this mix is a new
endeavor/adventure: I became a dog owner a couple of weeks before Christmas!
Long story short, I ended up taking our neighbor’s Blue Mountain Cur that they
were looking for a home for (he was originally purchased to be a hunting dog,
but the owner had no time to work with him.) Sweet Tex had a run-in with a
barbed wire fence, and by the time I purchased all his other accoutrements and
had him neutered, I had spent a few hundred dollars on him. :-P But he seems to
be a fast learner and has a personality that desires to please. I’ve already
fallen in love with him and look forward to training him as soon as his neck
heals up and I can get a collar on him.
Trying
to get Tex to sit still for a picture is rather difficult. :-P
|
So that’s a brief update in a nutshell!
Hopefully I’ll be able to post here a bit more often in the New Year. But maybe
I shouldn’t say that . . . ;-P
2 comments:
It's so good to hear from you again. I missed reading news about you and your family. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling much better. I can't imagine being sick for six weeks. Dealing with sickness is no fun. Congratulations that you got a dog. I also got a dog. Almost 12 weeks old Maltese puppy named Krystal. I've had her for 5 days now. Dogs are a lot of fun aren't they?
Thank you so much for your comment, Leah! :-D I'm glad to know someone is still reading my blog. ;-P
Yes, it was a long illness, and I'm very thankful to be over it now! That's awesome about you getting a dog! :-D I'll bet she's really cute! I hope things have been going well with that!
Thanks again for commenting! It was good to hear from you. :-)
~Bianca
Post a Comment